- Fill out the application completely.
- Register with the Austin Peay Community School of the Arts.
- Return the application at time of audition.
- Print audition repertoire - see below.
- Only choose one division
- Print both, excerpt and scale requirements.
- Practice and prepare.
- Please visit http://www.simoneparker.org/youthstringorchestra.htm for complete descriptions of ensembles. By reviewing the descriptions, examining audition materials, and talking with your private instructor, you will know which ensemble matches your skills.
- Prepare Materials:
- Use a metronome.
- Practice slowly.
- Concentrate on tone quality, intonation, dynamics and rhythm.
- Practice sight-reading.
- Practice auditioning for family, friends and music teachers.
Prelude students are not expected to sight-read at the time of audition. Mark your music
with finger numbers or note names before you practice. If you can, bring the music to your
teacher and have her/him help you!
Finale Division for new students:
Finale Division for returning students: